Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Warning Labels


The other day I was having coffee with a friend at a small, independent coffee shop. They had a large sign on their counter that stated, Warning: unattended children will be fed espresso and given a toy drum. Definitely enough to strike fear into the hearts of parents everywhere LOL.

I recently read at Paperback Writer's Blog about warning labels on our books. There are a number of great ones given, my favorites being "Warning: this novel has a realistic ending" and "Plot twists may be larger than they first appear."

If I had to put a warning label on Colleen's book, Rest Falls Away, it would have to say, "Warning: This book is seriously addictive and highly entertaining."

If I had to put a warning label on my upcoming release, The Remains of the Dead, I'd probably say "Warning: Although I seriously considered it, no person was murdered in the making of this mystery".

What kind of warning label would you put on books you've read recently?

7 comments:

Phoebe Belsley said...

Warning on The Naked Earl: Do not drink anything when the characters head for the garden.

Eve Silver said...

Hmmm... I don't want to name the book because this warning would be a huge spoiler. Si I'll just say it is a book in a series, urban fantsy, and the warning is Warning: Don't become too attached to a main character; they might die on you and break your heart. Sigh.

Wendy Roberts said...

LOL Caroline, I like that one!

Wendy Roberts said...

Hey, Eve, we simu-posted :) Okay, your warning label is a big TEASE!!

Lois said...

Warning: funny and sexy vampires, demons, talking cats and the like ahead. :)

Oh yeah, the title could help -- Wicked Pleasures (I think) by Nina Bangs.

Wendy Roberts said...

Wow, that warning is a great seller, Lois! Hmmm. I may need to go book shopping :)

Sally MacKenzie said...

I wuv you, Caroline. Smooches!