Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Earl is out!!

Yes, today is The Naked Earl's official release date. I hope you find the book, buy it, like it.

I find this time rather nerve wracking, a strain on my poor blood pressure. Some people will like the book--I hope!--but others will not. That's just the nature of writing for publication. Positive reviews are much pleasanter than negative ones--especially those of the scathing variety--but at the end of the day, a writer can't really be swayed by other people's opinions. (Well, unless the "other people" is her editor!)

So, I'm off to get started on the next book--well, the next after the next, since the next is already handed in. But first I have to answer a few questions lovely Miss Caroline has given me. She's been nagging me. Look for them shortly (I hope) on her site.

6 comments:

Kristi Cook said...

I'm SO excited to read it, Sally!!! I'm heading over to my local B&N later today to buy it!

Unknown said...

I have never understood why someone would write a "scathing" review. Can't they tell what they didn't like about the book without being nasty?

And I'm not even an author!

Ann Christopher said...

WTG, Sally! I'm so excited for you--and anxious to read the book, of course!

Ann

Sally MacKenzie said...

Thanks, Kristi and Ann.

And yes, Jackietoo, I don't understand why some people need to be so negative in their reviews. Perhaps they think it's more entertaining to read? But then, I'm not a reviewer--and I do think reviewing is a skill. One I don't have, LOL.

Wendy Roberts said...

Congrats!
Enjoy and a big *phpt* :-P~~~ to anyone who dares write a bad review LOL. Haven't rec'd my copy yet but I'm anxiously waiting to read it!

Phoebe Belsley said...

The interview is up! Check it out:

http://www.carolinelinden.com/inerviewSM.shtml

Sally's still posing as a demure, innocent girl... But she has written one heck of a funny book.