Sunday, January 21, 2007

Celebrate Romance!

Just thought I'd tell everyone out in blogland about an upcoming romance conference that's a lot of fun--Celebrate Romance. It's a small, intimate conference run entirely by volunteers (who LOVE romance!) that's first and foremost a reader's conference--a chance to mingle with authors and readers alike. I went a couple years ago, when CR was held in Baltimore, and had a really great time. This year, it's in Kansas City, and I'm trying to arrange my travel schedule so that I can go (I'm 99% sure I AM going!).

Here's the details:

When: March 2nd-4th

Cost: $150

Where: Kansas City, MO
Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza

The list of attending authors so far looks impressive, too:

Lorraine Heath
Cherry Adair
Anne Stuart
Kay Stockham
Cathy Maxwell
Shirley Karr
Carla Cassidy
Patricia Rice
Cait London

What makes CR special, you might ask?! Well, here's what the organizers (all lovely ladies!) have to say:

"Unlike other conferences, CR’s only agenda is to support you and promote romance. No suits, no meetings, no pressure, and no segregation. With the exception of a booksigning on Sunday morning, authors are just like all the other attendees – fans. This allows you to hear what romance readers really think first-hand while sharing your own thoughts on the genre. It’s a wonderful place to gain new readers and make friends."

I totally agree--and hope you'll consider attending, especially if you live in the Kansas City area!

For more information, visit Celebrate Romance.

Hope to see you there!

No comments: